Friday, May 3, 2024

Senior Profile: Logan Erichsen


 Logan is from Ellsworth, Kansas and is graduating with his Bachelors of Science in Geoscience, with an emphasis in Geology. He also earned a GIS User Certificate and Global Studies Certificate. 

In the fall Logan will start his Master's degree in Geology at Kansas State and he plans to work toward a career in the field of natural resources and conservation. 

In additional to the Honors College, where he served as a Peer Mentor, Logan was a Rudd Scholar, an FHSU Torch Award Finalist, and was named a Donoghue Scholar at Kansas State University. During his time at FHSU Logan participated in many extracurricular activities as well. He served as the principal trumpet in the Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Wind Band the past two years. He also served as student senator for the Werth College and was honored to represent all students in his college in the Student Government Association. 

From Logan, "I want to thank my family for always being there for me. My parents have always instilled great values into me and continue to always support me throughout my life in any way that they can. I want to thank Dr. Jon Sumrall for going above and beyond in the classroom to make sure my many questions got answered. He has always supported and encouraged my educational and research goals and makes sure he is there whenever I need him. Also a huge thank you to Dr. Kevin Amidon and the rest of the Honors College. Kevin has been a wonderful resource and mentor in guiding my education and is always there to talk about anything that crosses my mind. A big thank you to both Brad Dawson and Dr. Peter Lillpopp for giving me many band and music opportunities while here at FHSU. And finally, thank you to the Rudd Foundation. When people ask me about being a Rudd Scholar it is always hard to put my emotions into words. I have many friends and connections from the program and my Rudd Scholar family has always been there to check on me through my undergraduate degree and make sure I am on the right path. The connections they have provided have been valuable to my professional development. Thank you to everyone! I will never forget my time here at FHSU." 

Once Logan commits to something, you know he's going to give it his all. We wish him great success and K-State and beyond! 

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you and what your future holds for you.

    ReplyDelete