Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Senior Profile: Madi Hicks


 Madi is from Bennington, Kansas, and is earning her degree in Sport and Exercise Therapy, with a minor in Psychology. She was a regular member on the Dean's Honor Roll from 2020-2024, and served as an Honors College ambassador. Madi has been accepted to Northeastern State University in Oklahoma where she will pursue her Master's degree in Occupational Therapy. She hopes to combine her love of the gospel and of occupational therapy and someday serve as a missionary overseas. 

Madi enjoys readying, collecting vinyl records, swing dancing, and traveling. She tells us "My family has been monumental in their support of my future and helping me chase my dream career. My husband, Cody, has been my constant these past four years of college. I’m so blessed to have him in my corner, today and every day. I’m incredibly grateful for Christian Challenge for shaping my faith walk, giving me a community, and equipping me for life beyond college. Lastly, I’d like to thank Haley Williams and Paige Engler for supporting me through mentorship during this time!" 

Madi will surely brighten the days of her future patients and we wish her much luck in Oklahoma! 

“It’s not enough to give a patient something to do with their hands. You must reach for the heart as well as the hands. It’s the heart that really does the healing.” ~ Ora Ruggles, a pioneer in occupational therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment